It is the policy of the Commonwealth of Virginia that personal information about citizens will be collected only to the extent necessary to provide the service or benefit desired; that only appropriate information will be collected; that the citizen shall understand the reason the information is collected and be able to examine their personal record which is maintained by a public body.
- Does require you to provide e-mail address information, if you are interested in receiving information from the college.
- Does not provide your information to any other organization, outside of the college, or use in any unauthorized way.
- Does not require you to provide personal information to download files or reports.
- Does place a “cookie” on your computer when utilizing the MyTNCC system. TNCC does not gather any personal information from this cookie; it is used solely by this resource for purposes of authentication.
- Does place a “cookie” on your computer when participating in Online Course. TNCC does not gather any information from this cookie; it is used solely by the application to thread discussions and navigate the site.
- Does place a “cookie” on your computer to gather information on what webpages are being accessed most to help in the navigational structure of the website. Individual information will not be used or distributed.
- Does track activity, on a per-click basis, for all users, across all pages on this site. This information is recorded anonymously and is not distributed to any organization outside the college.
Thomas Nelson Community College provides its website, catalog, handbooks, and any other printed materials or electronic media for your general guidance. The College does not guarantee that the information contained within them, including, but not limited to, the contents of any page that resides under the DNS registrations of TNCC.edu is up-to-date, complete and accurate, and individuals assume any risks associated with relying upon such information without checking other credible sources, such as a student’s academic advisor. In addition, a student’s or prospective student’s reliance upon information contained within these sources, or individual program catalogs or handbooks, when making academic decisions does not constitute, and should not be construed as, a contract with the College. Further, the College reserves the right to make changes to any provision or requirement within these sources, as well as changes to any curriculum or program, whether during a student’s enrollment or otherwise.
- Links or references to other materials and websites provided in the above-referenced sources are also for information purposes only and do not constitute the college’s endorsement of products or services referenced.
- The views and opinions expressed in any individual web page are strictly those of the author and/or publisher. Any comments on the contents of any individual web page should be sent via e-mail to the responsible party through the e-mail address at the bottom of the page.
- All parties storing materials (including but not limited to HTML files, images, audio, video, scripts, and programs) on the college web server represent and warrant to Thomas Nelson Community College that the installation, copying, distribution, and use of such materials in connection with the TNCC web site will not violate any other party’s proprietary rights and that these materials do not contain any libelous or defamatory statements.
- Thomas Nelson Community College is not responsible for any errors in the materials provided on the college web server. All materials maintained on the college web server are provided “as is” with no warranties of any kind.
- Thomas Nelson Community College does not guarantee that the college web server will function error-free or uninterrupted.
- Thomas Nelson Community College will not be liable for any damages of any kind, including consequential or incidental damages, arising from the submission, installation, maintenance, transmission, copying, modification, distribution, or use of any materials.
- Note: A “Cookie” is defined as a text file, placed on a visitor’s computer by a website, used for the purposes of authentication and tracking.