The purpose of this scholarship program is to provide financial assistance to nursing students completing requirements for a degree at a state-approved and nationally-accredited school of nursing.
In lieu of the COVID-19 pandemic, VNA will be opening a one-time fall scholarship application window.
One award of $1,000 each will be made to one applicant from each VNA Chapter. The award is a one-time gift paid directly to the school to be credited to the student's account.
Recipients of these scholarships will receive official notification of their awards from the Virginia Nurses Foundation in early December.
- All applications must be submitted online.
- Students should apply for the scholarship via the VNA website at https://virginianurses.com. Click on Menu, Foundation and then VNF Scholarships, VNA Chapter Scholarships and then apply. Later in the application, there will be a place to select the Hampton Roads Chapter.
- The application period for the 2020-2021 VNA Fall Chapter Scholarship opens on August 15 and closes on October 31, 2020 at 11:59 pm.
All applications must include:
- A transcript from the college or university that provides evidence of academic standing, current enrollment in nursing courses required for the nursing degree and completion of at least four nursing courses. A copy of a transcript is acceptable. VNF reserves the right to verify enrollment.
- A personal statement written by the applicant that describes why the individual chose a career in nursing and explains any financial need.
- A resume that includes community service, employment, awards, scholarships, professional organizations, and any honors received.
- One letter of recommendation from a faculty member who can speak to the applicant’s character and potential. An optional second letter of recommendation may also be included.
NOTE: Student must be a Virginia resident and have 3.0 or higher GPA out of 4.0 to apply.