The Community College STEM Scholarship provides a one-year, non-renewable award of $2,000 for students enrolled full time during the award period at one of Virginia’s Community Colleges. Students must be majoring in a science, technology, engineering, or math (STEM) field and be interested in pursuing a career that supports NASA’s mission including careers in the aerospace sector. Allied Health Sciences majors are not eligible for this program.
• Must be a U.S. citizen
• Currently enrolled in a Virginia Community College and have completed at least one semester of coursework (minimum of 9 credit hours) at time of application (spring 2021)
• Be enrolled full-time (12 credit hours or more) during the award period (2021-2022)
• Majoring in a STEM program of study
• Grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
• Expect to graduate no sooner than May 2022 or later
March 12, 2021: Applications are due before 11:59 p.m.
March 19, 2021: Letters of recommendation are due before 11:59 p.m.
Early April 2021: Awards will be announced in April 2021 with funding provided to students through their community college for the 2021–2022 academic year beginning with the Fall 2021 semester.
Any questions can be directed to Joyce Kuberek firstname.lastname@example.org